Ann. Limnol. - Int. J. Lim.
Volume 46, Number 1, 2010
|Page(s)||41 - 45|
|Published online||10 February 2010|
- Colle D.E. and Shireman J.V., 1980. Coefficients of condition for largemouth bass, bluegill, and redear sunfish in hydrilla-infested lakes. Trans. Am. Fish. Soc., 109, 521–531. [Google Scholar]
- Fullerton A.H., Garvey J.E., Wright R.A. and Stein R.A., 2000. Overwinter growth and survival of largemouth bass: interactions among size, food, origin, and winter severity. Trans. Am. Fish. Soc., 129, 1–12. [Google Scholar]
- Guy C.S. and Willis D.W., 1995. Population characteristics of black crappies in South Dakota waters: a case for ecosystem-specific management. N. Am. J. Fish. Manage., 15, 754–765. [Google Scholar]
- Haga H., Ohtsuka T., Matsuda M. and Ashiya M., 2006. Spatial distributions of biomass and species composition in submerged macrophytes in the southern basin of Lake Biwa in summer of 2002. Jpn. J. Limnol., 67, 69–79 [in Japanese with English summary]. [Google Scholar]
- Hamabata E. and Kobayashi Y., 2002. Present status of submerged macrophyte growth in Lake Biwa: recent recovery following a summer decline in the water level. Lake. Reserv. Res. Manage., 7, 331–338. [Google Scholar]
- Hambright K.D., 1991. Experimental analysis of prey selection by largemouth bass: role of predator mouth width and prey body depth. Trans. Am. Fish. Soc., 120, 500–508. [Google Scholar]
- Hayes D.B., Ferreri C.P. and Taylor W.W., 1996. Linking fish habitat to their population dynamics. Can. J. Fish. Aquat. Sci., 53, 383–390. [Google Scholar]
- He X. and Lodge D.M., 1990. Using minnow traps to estimate fish population size: the importance of spatial distribution and relative species abundance. Hydrobiologia, 190, 9–14. [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Huskey S.H. and Turingan R.G., 2001. Variation in prey-resource utilization and oral jaw gape between two populations of largemouth bass, Micropterus salmoides. Env. Biol. Fish., 61, 185–194. [Google Scholar]
- Jackson D.A., 2002. Ecological effects of Micropterus introductions: the dark side of black bass. In: Philipp D.P. and Ridgway M.S. (eds.), Black bass: ecology, conservation, and management, American Fisheries Society Symposium, Vol. 31, American Fisheries Society, Bethesda, 221–232. [Google Scholar]
- Kuwamura K., 2001. Catching and eating the fish of Lake Buwa. In: The Lale Biwa Encyclopedia Editing Committee (ed.), Do you know about this lake? 50 chapters talking about Lake Biwa, Sunrise Publishing, Shiga, 141–146 [in Japanese]. [Google Scholar]
- Lorenzoni M., Dörr A.J.M., Erra R., Giovinazzo G., Mearelli M. and Selvi S., 2002. Growth and reproduction of largemouth bass (Micropterus salmoides Lacépède, 1802) in Lake Trasimeno (Umbria, Italy). Fish. Res., 56, 89–95. [Google Scholar]
- Ludsin S.A. and DeVries D.R., 1997. First-year recruitment of largemouth bass: the interdependency of early life stages. Ecol. Appl., 7, 1024–1038. [Google Scholar]
- Mizuno T., Nakao H., LBM Fish Survey Group and Nakajima T., 2007. Risk analysis of habitat utilization by bluegill (Lepomis macrochirus) in the Lake Biwa Basin. Jpn. J. Conserv. Ecol., 12, 1–9 [in Japanese with English summary]. [Google Scholar]
- Nakai K. and Hamabata E., 2002. Lake Biwa. In: The Ecological Society of Japan (ed.), Handbook of alien species in Japan, Chijinshokan, Tokyo, 265–268 [in Japanese]. [Google Scholar]
- Olson M.H., 1996. Ontogenetic niche shifts in largemouth bass: variability and consequences for first-year growth. Ecology, 77, 179–190. [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Olson M.H., Mittelbach G.G. and Osenberg C.W., 1995. Competition between predator and prey: resource-based mechanisms and implications for stage-structured dynamics. Ecology, 76, 1758–1771. [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Santos M.N., Gaspar M.B., Vasconcelos P. and Monteiro C.C., 2002. Weight-length relationships for 50 selected fish species of the Algarve coast (south Portugal). Fish. Res., 59, 289–295. [Google Scholar]
- Savino J.F. and Stein R.A., 1982. Predator-prey interaction between largemouth bass and bluegills as influenced by simulated, submerged vegetation. Trans. Am. Fish. Soc., 111, 255–266. [Google Scholar]
- Takamura K., 2007. Performance as a fish predator of largemouth bass [Micropterus salmoides (Lacepède)] invading Japanese freshwaters: a review. Ecol. Res., 22, 940–946. [Google Scholar]
- Yoshizawa K., 1992. Maturation of largemouth bass. In: National Federation of Inlandwater Fisheries Cooperatives (ed.), The review of exotic largemouth bass and bluegill, Fisheries Agency, Tokyo, 55–62 [in Japanese]. [Google Scholar]
- Webb P.W., 1986. Effect of body form and response threshold on the vulnerability of four species of teleost prey attacked by largemouth bass (Micropterus salmoides). Can. J. Fish. Aquat. Sci., 43, 763–771. [Google Scholar]
- Wiley M.J., Gorden R.W., Waite S.W. and Powless T., 1984. The relationship between aquatic macrophytes and sport fish production in Illinois ponds: a simple model. N. Am. J. Fish. Manage., 4, 111–119. [Google Scholar]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.